In the spirit of Valentine or Galentine, or Anti-Valentine, whatever it is you’re cooking up for the period of love, I decided to put up a guide to dressing up for dinners, dates and times when you just want to look chic.
It’s simple and easy to recreate. Plus some tips to guide you in your fashion adventure.
In this post, I’m featuring a friend of mine and Makeup Artist – Damilola.
• If it’s a gown, make sure it’s the right one. Ask yourself, does the colour complement my skin? Is there some sort of contrast, just like a dark-skinned person in bright-coloured clothes or a fair-skinned in dark clothes? Is it elegant enough to stand on it’s own without accessories? Or do I need some diamond earrings or a silver chain, or something else to go with it? Is it the right length? Am I comfortable enough to stay for hours in this?
• Make a statement. You can spot a cocktail ring on my finger. So whether it’s a cocktail ring, or a statement necklace or heels, or a bold red lips, or statement gown, make a statement.
• Remember that sometimes a nice pair of heels is all you need. Sometimes, it’s just the right amount of extra we need to perfect the outfit. Check my post on how to walk in heels here.
• Try it out with flats. Who says you can’t wear flats to a dinner?
• Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance (Coco Chanel). Keep it simple and minimalistic, and you’d look top notch.
So for this look, my lazy self just threw on a white gown and flats.
My hair is up because I like the angles it gives to my face, and I’m also putting on a cocktail ring.
For my makeup, I went gradient; pink to red for the eyeshadow, and every other thing was neutral. This is a very easy and simple look that you can recreate.
My friend paired her bodycon dress with ankle booties and hoop earrings. Her makeup was a bit bold with green lipstick and cut-crease.
One thing you’ll note in both looks is that they are simple and easy to recreate for anyone.
Go on and slay loves!
Tag me @_pepple_ on your Valentine slay… I would love to see them.
Till next time
Leave a comment loves.. I currently have no plans for Valentine… Y’all should enjoy your day.