Remember when I said I’m going to take each fashion risk in this post and share it on the blog?
Well today, I went retro in a minimalist and ‘cool kid’ way, and I’m here to share how to wear modern retro fashion.
Retro fashion is basically vintage fashion. Retro style is a style that is imitative or consciously derivative of lifestyles, trends, or art forms from the historical past, including in music, modes, fashions, or attitudes. It may also be known as “vintage inspired” (Wikipedia)
Here’s how to wear modern retro fashion. I created this look with a vintage shirt, shorts and white mules. The vintage shirt has details that I couldn’t really get into the pictures. I paired this simple shirt with a dark navy blue shorts that almost look black. This look is a simple one that anyone can recreate, and I’m here to help you with that.
The look is simple and it makes it effortless. When going out, you throw your sunglasses on and give this look the final oomph it needs. Also, remember to toss your hair around a little bit, to add to the effortlessness of this look.
5 Tips to Remember on How to Wear this Modern Retro Fashion
- As a minimalist, you stick to these basic items — a gown/top and bottoms, shoes, a bag, and a watch. Every other thing is not necessary.
- Two baggy items could work too;
Like you see here, I paired a free vintage shirt and free shorts. They just fall easily on your body and they keep you comfortable.
- The half-tuck never gets old. Try it today. You’re putting on a shirt on shorts, trousers, even skirts, half-tuck your shirt. It doesn’t necessarily need to be as mine is, but tuck a little part of your shirt in and leave the rest out. You could tweak it or arrange it till it looks right.
- For your retro to show like I did, add a vintage shirt, or round framed glasses. You could opt for mules instead of sneakers, pumps or strappy heels.
- Make a subtle statement by adding a piece to attract. Notice my white mules? I mean… You just gotta notice white mules 😉
We’re all about effortless style. This is one sure way to achieve that effortless style for everyone. Watch out because I’ll take on another fashion risk soon, and you can’t miss it.
Till next time